Safety"At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security." - Jodi Rell Schedule a Tour
When children feel safe, learning is unlimited.
- State of the art closed circuit monitoring
- Fingerprint scan required for entrance
- Regulate Visitation
- Require Valid Photo ID for Visitation
- Employment screening and reference checks
- Criminal background checks along with federal fingerprint background checks.
- CPR and First Aid certified
Children need breaks and they love being outside. Weather permitting, our staff will take the children outdoors on an adventure walk, a playground escape, or even field trips for all day camps. While being outside is important, keeping children safe outdoors requires a few additional precautions such as limiting group size and strict teacher-child ratios. In addition, children are required to wear red smocks for easy identification.
The health and well-being of our families and staff are our highest priorities. That’s why we’ve adopted the precautionary measures:
- Access to the Center is limited to students and staff.
- For arrival and pick up, parents call the Center and a staff member comes outside to greet and deliver the child to the authorized parent or guardian.
- We conduct temperature checks for all staff and students upon arrival
- Staff and students must wash hands for 20 sec upon arrival, after touching thier face, before and after eating and after using the restroom.
- Masks are required for all persons inside Red Wagon at all times, except when seated for meals.
- All high-touch surfaces are sanitized repeatedly throughout the day
- The Center is sanitized at the end of each day and deep cleaned on weekends
In addition, we require staff and parents to conduct a daily health check before coming to the center. If a member of the household has symptoms such as fever, cough/sore throat, difficulty breathing or a loss of taste/smell, or have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case, they are to remain out that day and notify the center. In the unfortunate event that a confirmed case is reported among our students or staff, we follow Center protocols that may include a brief closure to allow for contact tracing, testing and deep cleaning.